Saturday, June 22, 2019

My Sweet Life

…When I finally took possession of my flat, the question still lingered….how did I get here?  Why Guardia?  A question I turned over and over in my mind.  It wasn't like I had a  burning desire my whole life to have a place in Italy.  In fact, I had a love affair with France since I was a little girl.  I thought, hoped, dreamed of having a part time pied a terre in Paris or the French countryside and for 6  years, I lived in France part time, created a tour company called Find Your Self in France and my story was published in the book My Paris Story.  But my dream to live in France didn't materialize the way I imagined and I was able to let go of what I thought I wanted for what actually took form.  My Casa in Guardia Sanframondi.

I didn't make an informed, logical decision to move to Italy.  I didn't do all the practical things I usually do to make a big decision.  No, I didn't travel around Italy with a checklist of what I wanted in a place to live and make a list of pros and cons.  Living near the sea would have definitely been on that list!  But Guardia is in the hills of beautiful wine country and the closest beach is over an hour away.   I always say, I didn't choose Guardia, Guardia chose me.  And I followed.  When you come to Guardia, you get what your soul needs.  I hear similar stories from other expats from different parts of the US and the world who heard their calling and also followed.  

I've had plenty of experience following my soul's longing, my soul and intuition are more highly tuned to what is needed in my life than my logical brain and I'm comfortable making important decisions on a hunch, trusting that my intuition knows better than I do.   My soul knows what it needs to grow and, my soul needed to grow in love; self-love.

For the first half of my life, money, finances and career were the important areas for my soul to learn, especially so I could care for my family as a single mother.  So I listened to my father's advice and became a CPA.  I wasn't fulfilled with this work but it paid the bills and allowed me to be available to my two sons as they were growing up.  But my passion to help women prosper spurred me to create Money Chi (Moulala), a coaching practice to help myself and others cure their relationship with money.   After successfully raising my sons, (they are both doctors and married!) this goal seemed to have come to some completion.  Its not that I created a lot of reserve resources for myself, a goal I would have connected with financial success and independence, but I have created a beautiful life where I have enough.

 At the age of 50, when my younger son, Sam, went off to medical school in another city.  I found myself in a deep depression.  Both my sons were living far away and I was lost.  What I needed was to find love; self-love.  And I found Guardia and many experiences to grow my capacity for love.   I  tuned to the Divine Feminine energy from the hills, the rivers, the nature which called to me quietly but powerfully and I heeded her call.... I now have the freedom and flexibility to live the life I want and follow my soul's calling, attracting all I desire.  For this I am eternally grateful and that is why I started My Sweet Life in Italy,  to share my love for the rural, authentic part of Italy I now call home.


No comments:

Post a Comment